Sample Exam - Microsoft Word
1. Create a document in MS Word with the following features:
- Start by downloading the chapter3practice2-presidentialanecdotes.doc document from our web site. (Right click, then save
target as, or click then save. Don't just click on the link and open
- Add a title page with the title ,"Presidential Anecdotes", centered
top to bottom and left to right using Word Art of your choice. Include your name, today's date and
our course title as an additional
lines of the title page. Use the font size and a font type
of Arial Black. NOTE that you'll be adding a header later that should not be included on the title page.
- Include an image of one of the presidents on the cover page (from the internet).
- Use 10pt Book Antigua font for the body document (not headings).
- Move each president's name to its own line, make it heading style 1.
- Modify heading style 1 so there is a Purple border below the style and the font matches the text, but size 16
- Apply full justification to the body of the
- Make the spacingfor the document 1.5
- Add a hyperlink to a relevant website about the
president of your image, add to that paragraph.
- Add a small image of Lincoln to his paraggraph wrapped tight so the text wraps around it. Get the image from the internet.
- Set body margins 1" all the way around.
- Add spacing & general formatting to make
the document more attractive
- Header with your name on the left and page
number on the right. Do not include this header on the title page.
- At the end of the paragraph about George Washington add a citation
- Book: The True George Washington
- Author : Ford, Paul Leicester
- Year: 1896
- Publisher: Lippincott
- At the end of the Lincoln paragarph add citation:
- Book: Abraham Lincoln and Men of War-times
- Author: McClure, Alexander Kelly
- Year: 1892
- Publisher: U of Nebraska Press
- At the end of Jefferson paragraph add the following footnote:
- Taken forml, The Life of Thomas Jefferson
- Put a table of contents after the title page
- Put a bibliograpy at the end.
Also I haven't had students make a flyer recently, but I'll leave it on here just in case:
2. Create a flyer from scratch that is an
advertisement to come to Edinboro for spring break with the following features:
- Word Art
- Clip Art or digital image
- symbol, use a large font for effect
- Add a star and banner from auto
shapes, add text to the
- should have text such as dates, things
to do, places to stay.
- Position the text and images appropriately.
- Use at least 2 colors of text.