Calendar - Fall 2006
Subject to Change
This page was last edited on:03/03/2008
We Need AC ASAP!!!!
|Dates:||Material to be covered||Notes|
August 28th - September 15th
September 4th - Last day to Drop
November 3rd - Last day to withdrawal
What's the difference between a drop & withdraw?
Introduction to the class
- Go over course syllabus
- Logging in and checking e-mail
- Making sure your have an account
- Roll - Important because of the 1st day attendance policy where a student will be dropped if not in attendance on the 1st day of class.
Computer Concepts - Booklet
Windows XP Assignment - We'll work on this Fridays in class
Review for exam
|September 18 - October 6th||
Chapter 1, 2, 3 and 4
Begin Working on:
- Hands On Exercises for the chapter we are currently working on
- Practice exercises that were assigned (see link below)
Exam 2 - Microsoft Word
Ms Word Assignments
Word Chapter 1
Word Chapter 2
Word Chapter 3
Word Chapter 4
|October 9th - 27th||PowerPoint - Chapter 1, 2, 3
- Do Hands On exercises for these chapters
- Begin working on Assignment 2.
MS PowerPoint Assignments
PowerPoint Chapter 1 Notes
PowerPoint Chapter 2 Notes
PowerPoint Chapter 3 Notes
Front Page Notes
October 30 - November 17th
Front Page - Booklet
- Internet/Web Browsing
- Web Page Development
A link to Tech & Comm's explanation on how to edit your page from home.
\\storage1\dfs\webstorage\h768281g\index.htm <- this is a sample of what you would type into front page to open up the index file. What will change is the name of the file. In this case it's index.htm, but your 2nd page might be page2.htm
Her URL will be:
Exam 3 - Power Point & Front Page will be Friday the 17th. You will have to make a small PowerPoint slide show and a web page that you will have to post to your web account. You then send me an e-mail with the PPT file attached and the URL of your exam web page. Sample Exam
- In class we will be going over examples, when done start the hands on exercises.
|November 20th - December 8th||
- Probably on the 6th or 8th.
||Excel Chapter 4 Notes|
|Final Exam Week||